Partner Proposal GuidelinesPlease contact Ann Stone at 508-289-3837 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing a CINAR proposal to let her know your plans.
Please provide the following information in an email:
1. NOAA Program manager is aware of CINAR's Task 1 2017 Fee of 3.6% of the total project (direct and indirect costs) and has provided the information as how it applies to your proposal.
2. PI's name
3. Amount of funding to be broken out by Task I and Task (II or III)
4. Period of Performance
5. NOAA Line office ( NMFS, OAR ect ...)
6. The program manager's name (Individual providing the funds)
Proposal dates must be within the current cooperative agreement period - ending June 30, 2019.
Grants.gov package sample (to be opened in Acrobat in order to view comments)
Please download the appropriate grant application package from grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/applicants/download-application-package.html) using one of the two federal funding opportunity (FFO) numbers assigned to CINAR:
NOAA-OAR-CIPO-2017-2005037 (for all funding through OAR or any other line office EXCEPT NMFS)
NOAA-OAR-CIPO-2017-2005035 (for all funding through NMFS ONLY)
•Grants.gov application page information
For the first page of the grants.gov application package, Ann Stone will provide the naming convention in the Application Filing Name after you provide above information
(based on the following example) - CINAR 12345.00 GMRI Pershing
Please make sure that the Abstract and Project Description both have a footer (i.e.)
Abstract CINAR 12345.00 GMRI Pershing – page 1 of 1
Project Narrative CINAR 12345.00 GMRI Pershing – page 1 of 12
Project narrative contains (in the following order):
1. CINAR current Coversheet
2. Abstract (NOAA requirement for all CI proposals- generally a one pager)
3. Project Description (We recommend that you refer to the NOAA CI Proposal Application guidelines)
Note: File name of Project Narrative should not exceed 50 characters - use example: Project_CINAR_####_##GMRI_PIlastname
**** YOU MUST PLACE IN THE PROJECT NARRATIVE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT;
Task I activities relate to the management and administration of CINAR, including support for the CI director, administrator, and support staff, as well as travel, supplies, and education and outreach activities.
Please make sure that the Budget Narrative has a footer
(i.e., Budget Narrative CINAR 12345.01 GMRI Pershing …. Page 1 of 14)
Budget narrative contains (in the following order):
1. Budget justification
Include specific details of what is being purchased and why, referencing sections in the budget (for example: 6. Other 1.a). Also, a "generic" item such as "Laboratory Supplies - $2,000" should be detailed in the justification, i.e. glassware, chemicals, rubber gloves (or whatever). Try to avoid using the words “miscellaneous”, and etc. as much as possible.
If you are including any supply items over $5,000, please include:
- A description of the item and how it will be used in the project.
- A statement describing “lease vs. purchase” – why you are buying the equipment rather than leasing (if it is unavailable for lease, you can state that.)
2. Complete CINAR Budget Template - Click HERE
3. Insert your Institution Negotiated rate agreement form
4. Subaward documentation (if applicable). Subaward 424A is included in Optional Other Attachments
Note that the File name of Budget Narrative should not exceed 50 characters - use: Budget_CINAR_####_##GMRI_PIlastname**** YOU MUST PLACE IN THE BUDGET NARRATIVE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT;
For budget narrative:
Funds toward Task I activities are budgeted. These activities relate to the management and administration of CINAR, including support for the CI director, administrator, and support staff, as well as travel, supplies, and education and outreach activities.
•NOAA Budget (Form 424A)
This is required as part of the grants.gov package. Note that if your budget includes a subaward, a 424A form for the subcontract will be required as well as the normal justification and documentation from the subawardee.
Please see example 424A and note that if the proposal is for more than one year, the Direct and Indirect costs for each year need to be broken out on Section F (#21 - Direct Charges, and #22 - Indirect Charges) (e.g., Yr 1. - $10, Yr 2. - $20)
1. When all the forms are completed - The participating Partner AP will forward the entire grants.gov packet to the CINAR Office ( email@example.com ) for review.
2. After the packet is reviewed and approved, the CINAR Office will submit the proposal through the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution's (WHOI) Grant and Contract Services (GCS) Department to Grants.gov.
3. When the proposal has been submitted and accepted by NOAA - the CINAR Office willl send along the verification form to the PI and the participating partner AP who completed the paperwork.
4. When the funding arrives at WHOI (could take as long as 3 months) . The GCS Department prepares the subaward and sends to the partner grant office. This process is generally completed within 1 month, however, please note, that delays beyond that, are sometimes inevitable due to the workload in our grants office.
Any questions :
Please feel free to contact the CINAR Office
Ann Stone - firstname.lastname@example.org - 508-289-3837